5.02.2008

Graduation Weekend - Day 1

I'll blow past the fact that I haven't updated you on my life for the past number of weeks. The hastiness to get to describing my graduation weekend is conducive of the speed at which it seems this weekend came. The last number of weeks seem a blur - end of classes, papers, exams, packing/cleaning. However, that is all in the past.
Now I am sitting in the Prince George Hotel in downtown Halifax, about to have breakfast with my Grandfather and Step-Grandmother. I picked the two of them up at the airport last night after dropping my friend Michelle off. We went right to the Hotel and then to the local jazz club (Stayner's) to listen to my friend's group - The Matt Thauvette Quintet. It was a great evening catching up with my grandparents.
I informed them of some of my more nostalgic thoughts that have purveyed my mind in the past week. Having a week to spend between exams and Grad-Weekend is both odd and delightful. It was relaxing and stressful. It was happy and sad. Walking around the campus, it felt like only last week I was cheering in the new students as an Executive of the Orientation Committee. I will try to keep those cherish memories close as I go through this week.

1 comment:

Ottawa Capital Complaints Choir said...

hey!!

are you graduating already...


cool.... congrats!

hope all's well.

Glenn Nuotio