3.25.2009

LOST


It seems most people are in a frenzy about ABC's LOST, at least most people around me. As the frenzy continues and Season 5 unravels, more and more people are commenting and adding their post-episode thoughts. Tonight we saw the most recent episode and I've decided to make my thoughts public (without spoilers).
First, I will say that the entire Season 5 is moving at a slower pace than expected. I think the move to condensed seasons by the Bad Robot team was a good move. However, Season 4 saw a refreshed and re-paced approach to LOST. Now, I think the writers got ahead of themselves like a marathon runner who sprints to the front in the first third of the race. LOST has slowed down, lost pace, and moving back in the pack. The question now is, "Has LOST lost its steam?"
I don't think this is true, and I think this last episode is proof. Sure with the use of flashbacks focused on one particular character we all saw a lament to the format of seasons past. However, with consequential events and reactions to said events being intertwined in all persons concerned brings back the glory that has made the LOST series so popular. Like many of the great episodes in the past I am only left asking, "What happened!?" and, "Doesn't this change everything?"

No comments: