3.06.2009

A Night in London

Almost any time that I have free I go to London to visit Michelle. London has become, in certain ways, my sanctuary. Here, it is a different life. I have the university, Western, and I have a different set of friends. It takes me to a different world. It causes me to reflect. I find that when I go back to Whitby I am renewed with a new focus and new direction. These kind of breaks are good.
Sometimes I reflect on what it is like to have two different homes. I spend about the same time between both. There are benefits, but there are also disadvantages. Sometimes there is a Jekyll and Hyde effect. Almost everyday I long for more consistency and solidarity, especially in my living
arrangements. I didn't want to go on a long reflection about my constantly wavering emotions and their cause, but I also didn't want to deny the truth its moment.
The past few days in London have been slower and more subdued than previous trips. It has been enjoyable and relaxing. Tonight I visited a bar and took a cool picture.
Now I am watching Rachel Getting Married and thinking about how I can have all this beauty in life, if only I try. Sometimes I am terrified to try.

No comments: