12.24.2007

Hometown Hoedown

So I never really said what I've been up to over the break. Sure, I told you of my troubles at the airport; but what about what happened after? Well I did spend a few lovely days in Ottawa catching up with friends like Savanna, Stefan, and Barry. I did have a nice drive back to Whitby with my friend Nicole. After that holiday activities started to leave my control and subsequently result in the elations and disappointments of my heart.
Over the past three nights (not including last night) I have been attending a mini-festival of local and nearby music called Hometown Hoedown. It was three nights of great bands, old and new friends, and a lot of dancing. An atmosphere that I have to abandon when I head out East for school surrounded me on Wed-Sat night and I exuberantly celebrated the warm feelings that come from these types of holiday celebrations. Some people enjoy the office parties, or the family raunts on ice-skates or sleds. Personally I like artistic creation and appreciation for my yule tidings.
I love a building with warm colored walls, balloons, and streamers in adornment - with an even warmer atmosphere inside. I love people who talk and listen to each other rather than at each other. I love music that is edgy, un-tailored, and raw. I also love photography:


No comments: