12.18.2007

Update on academia

So it has been awhile since I've posted. My apologies. The academic life at StFX took me as its prisoner and I just broke free. So in the beginning I was a slave to my courses doing papers and projects galore. Nicely the course masters let me free for an evening of celebration when I got my X ring. Once that was done I had to face the reality that in two days I would write my first exam of 2007 - Auditing. Well I studied hard and still feel like that exam took a little bit of my life without giving anything in return. However the next day brought kinder tidings in the form of my Ethics exam. This was a philosophy course (my minor) and thus even an exam could be delightful. The next day brought my Business Policy course. Probably the most ridiculous and misleading course I have ever taken at X I highly dreaded this exam. Luckily it was simply 89 multiple choice questions and thus not as unpleasant as possible. Sunday brought a day of break and the time to do my 10th episode of Well Versed. I wrote e-business the next day, which went better than anticipated. In between I had a 4 day break which allowed me to catch up with some friends and do some Christmas chores. Then I set in to two intense days of studying for Financial Accounting. This was the exam I was most concerned about and now feel as though I did relatively well.
The most pleasant part of exams were the moments in between writing (for less than obvious reasons). I spent my time in either the library or the Student Union Building among other hard-working students. The close proximity of many of the people I care for brought joy in distressing times. I made new friends in Erica, Samantha, Charlotte, and Kelsey. I became closer with my roommate Wil. I caught up with people I haven't seen - like Aaron. I got to be artistic with Pendle. I even had a great conversation with my dear friend Mark. Surprisingly this was the toughest yet most productive exam season ever!

No comments: