12.04.2007

X-ring is over

It is odd that the magnitude of this moment didn't set in until it was all over. Yesterday was supposed to be the biggest day of my life here at StFX and I still don't know if that is true. Now I won't put it out of the running, but if X-ring was the most memorable day it would be because of what lead to that moment.
Even as I sit here and write this blog, mere hours past the last moment of celebratory bliss, I can't force myself not to think of the wonderful times I've spent at X. Last night little connections that I made over my 4 years on campus were appreciated. The ability to look someone in the eyes and understand a bit of their worries - without knowing their name - was realized. And an ability to fell comfortable hugging someone for drawn out moments in a crowd became more than touching. The whole thing was memorable.
Last night people let go. We reveled in our successes and applauded ourselves for a job well done. If it is possible I was one with StFX last night. Alumni talk about a spirit that surrounds this school and a family in which I am now apart. I think I am beginning to feel the effects of the meaning behind those words...and I like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At last, your an X-Man