9.27.2007

My night of yoga

To call today a long day would be inaccurate. To call it a short day would have little accuracy. It was a day and just that. Sure, different things happen on different days. Yes, sometimes we call them "long" or "short". Today didn't have any particular feel to it that would result in me calling it either of those or anything else for that matter. Today just happened.
In fact, it has now become yesterday. The day has just left me behind, or I've left it behind, and I am casting my memory of it right here. Two big things happened today that may not have had as much importance on their own as they do now contrasting with each other in my mind. The first is the product of a lot of things. The first thing about today is how it was upsetting. Today I woke up just fine, but then ended up in an angry and stressful point that was visibly noticed.
I missed my first class which resulted in an e-mail from my Business Policy Prof informing me that my group for that class were becoming worried about my commitment. I went to Ethics, had a decent class. I went to the radio station, wrote an apology letter to my Policy group. I then went to Auditing where one of my Policy group members informed me that we had a presentation today. I apologized again for everything. I tried talking to her but she was rude and upsetting to me. This resulted in my mind dwelling on how I really didn't want to work with people if they were going to be mean to me.
Later I went home and then back to the radio to do a show with my friend Cory then back home to see my roommate Wil. I told him the story of the group member and he wondered why the group never let me know about the project. I complained about a few things and he commented on how upset I seemed. This was the first part of my day. Not pleasant.
Later this evening (the end of yesterday and start of today) I went to my first Yoga session with a friend. It was challenging, amazing, relaxing. I pushed myself to do many of the warrior moves, challenge my breathing, stretching, muscles, and just let everything go. I then went to watch movies. The yoga was definitely something I needed and I am so happy that Sara took me. While it would have been amazing it wouldn't have meant as much to me if not in contrast with the rest of my day.

No comments: