9.08.2007

Sleepless days and the moments to come

The main event of my life is drawing to a close. In the second last day of Welcome Week I post here with only 2 hours of sleep and a morning full of "Shinning". I've been in the Student Union building on StFX campus and around town organizing both the O-Crew and first years since 7am - sending them out to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis. Shinerama is a day filled with creative ways to raise money, a lot of participation, and energy. Luckily, as things wind down, it seems like all three were present in plenty. After getting a coffee into my system and now posting in a semi-therapeutic way I feel a bit better and not nearly as tired as before.
Tonight I will need all my energy as I have a very important task during the outdoor concert. The concert lineup is amazing and exciting with The Aaron MacDonald Band opening, followed by Toronto favorites (and a band I really love) The Golden Dogs and finally, headliner Joel Plaskett. I am very excited and can't wait to tell you exactly what my role is.
I also have been going over some pictures I recently took of some of the people I work with and am just overwhelmed with how close I feel to so many of them. I am very proud of O-Crew this year. I am proud of everyone who keeps showing up and working so hard. The difference they are making in the lives of these first years is completely visible and inspiring. Thank you for making the week, thus far, amazing.





3 comments:

RWI said...

Your blog is amazing! You are an awesome person with great talent and enthusiasm. So much of my growth on O-Crew was modeled after you from my first year here as a frosh. Not only that, but so much of it this year has grown from bits of myself and your energy! Thanks or being a great exec and an awesome friend!

Cheers Bud!

Ryan

Anonymous said...

This is solid man, i like! Exec wont be the same without ya next year man.. maybe ill see ya in BSAD 415 next time we have class..lol

Blue

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures Brian, your blog is amazing.