9.12.2007

On the path to ....

So the reality that new routines and trends are invariably setting in is upon me. I am starting to feel the effects of a life where routine is almost non-existent, and working whenever you can is an essential part of survival. I am of course talking about irregular classes, randomly ending up on the radio, and socializing when it is convenient. What isn't convenient is that I need to fit school work, and lots of it, somewhere in between all those more desirable features of my day. How have the last few days panned out? Why am I really starting to complain about this to you dear reader? Well, I realize that while Welcome Week was utter chaos, complete physical and mental exertion, it was free from true obligation - obligation that depends more on just doing what I want when I want. On Saturday night I got to MC the entire Joel Plaskett concert. I was up on stage announcing bands, giving out iPods, and feeling like a big shot as I hung out back stage. Also, I got some wicked photos:


Now, however, I have classes. I am buying books and doing required reading. I am sorting through fitting it all in. It's something I haven't done for 16 months. Also, I am starting to realize that I need to make my dreams a reality. I need to be doing what I love and nothing else. Finally, my heart is waking back up and it is going to beat patiently under my control. I plan on letting my desires become a reality, starting with being honest with myself about everything. This is something I continually strive for and try to do more often. Right now I can honestly say that while I don't like work I will find reward in tolling over all these books, and assignments, and other mundane things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, those first few days of REAL school... I am going through the same thing my friend... I'd wish you luck but I am confidant in your abilities (in fact they still amaze me from time to time). Love the blogs, keep 'em up (if you can)