11.22.2007

11 more days

Yes, I am posting about X ring. I am doing something I never thought I would do, and that is to get excited about something material to the point that I have to tell everyone around me. However, the X ring is something far more than a material object.
If you do not know what I refer to then I will explain. It is quite simple on the surface. The X ring is simply the school ring of St. Francis Xavier University. It is given out in the graduating year on the feast day of St. Francis Xavier (Dec 3).
Beyond all this is where the meaning and importance lies. X ring is a milestone at StFX. It is equal, if not greater, in celebratory festivity and memory. The X ring ceremony is something for students to mark their achievements. It is simple and without frills. There are few speeches, no honorary degrees, and just 1 day that I have been counting down to since I first arrived here over 4 years ago.

No comments: