11.05.2007

A friendly visit

My friend Savanna is sitting beside me in the library on the last night of her 4 day visit. She arrived last Thursday on StFX campus after a 12 hour trip just in time to hear leader of the Green party Elizabeth May speak. After presenting myself and my roommate with an onslaught of gifts that included multiple candles and jellybeans we went to the speech and a philosophy debate. That night I inttrodcued Savanna to Antigonish's finest cheese layered pizza (the Wheel) as we watched movies in the candle light. The next day we would walk around town and go to the Tall and Small for lunch. Savanna was once again blown away by the delicous food of this small Nova Scotian town and its beauty.


That night we made loads of deserts and spaghetti before watching movie with a few friends. The next day we went with some other friends to the Ocean. This would be Savanna's first time seeing the open water and it was quite a sight as the waves were high with the coming of hurricane Noel. That night was 1 month 'till X-ring and the parties were rampant. For those of you who don't know the graduating class has a ring ceremony on Dec 3 (the feast day of St. Francis Xavier). Our school ring is one of the most recognized rings in the world. The next day was more cafes, walks, and then an evening of poetry as I did my radio show on CFXU. Today Savanna brought me muffins between classes and is now studying with me. She will be missed when she leaves tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures make me a tad bit homesick, especially seeing main street in the fall... perhaps my next big purchase will be a digital camera so I can share some pictures as well... It sounds like Savana is having a good time; it also sounds like you're in good spirits as well. It's a shame our paths won't cross before the end of the year (I imagine you'll be home by the 23rd)... but who knows what 2008 wil bring? I look forward to our next encounter... I'll make an effort to give you a call one of these days... adios

Anonymous said...

Brian, it was such a treat to visit Antigonish. It is a beautiful town full of wonderful people. I just wanted to say thank you for having me there. It was nice to see you, as well as the town that you have told me so much about.

Some of my favourite moments include:
- Sunshine on Main (twice in one day)
- the visits to the radio station. (I loved watching you do your shows)
- anything that had to do with Buddha, and how much you and Wil enjoyed him.
- dancing at the Inn
- touring the creepy old building on campus. (the one that had asbestos warnings posted only once we got to the top floor)
- jalapeno jellybeans
- AlaBAMa Slamma
- pictures in the park
- being the only people in the Antigonish movie theatre above the age of 7 that actually wanted to see Bee Movie
- spending the night at the airport (I know that it was an inconvenience for you, but I really appreciated your company. Thank you for coming with me)


...and although I was stuck there for three extra unplanned nights, and I clearly 'overstayed my welcome', I couldn't think of anyone better to spend that extra time with.

- Savanna

Shannon said...

Hey budskies. Can you send me some sweet pictures of le st.fx campus? My parents are hankering to see some, but I never got around to taking them. PLEASE! please. PLEEEEASE! I would love you forever.

shannon.tien@hotmail.com