11.20.2007

A French Onion Soup

Last Friday I would have told you that I really hadn't cooked in awhile. I would have said this in between judging a high school debate tournament and handing you a Christmas colored Rice Krispy square with dried cranberries and saying, "well, besides this, but that's really nothing." Of course I remedied this the following evening as I made dinner for a few special friends of mine. On Saturday, after another round of debates and fatigue from the toga party I attended after handing out the squares, I made a french onion soup (complete with bread, swiss, and emmental cheese) and ratatouille. It was a first in both dishes and they went over extremely well. My friends kindly honored me with a Oreo crust, caramel and chocolate topped, peanut butter crunch cheesecake. They watched in anticipation as I took my first tantalizing bite and leaned back in orgasmic palate pleasure.
To make the evening better I was greeted by my roommate and some more friends upon my return home. They were playing outside in the leaves and I was able to capture this great shot.

No comments: