7.17.2007

Love is art

I just returned from the movie Paris je t'aime and must say that I am emotionally moved. This movie of 20 short films by 20 different directors is one to see. Not only are the films wonderfully creative, brilliantly written, imaginative and well acted, they are moving. They are moving in a touching way that has left my head in thoughts of emotion, hope and life. To see over 20 different groups of people all whole-heartily agree on something so profound as love - to say that this is true purpose and meaning in life - really carries heart (pun intended).
I think of the loves of my life, the family, the friends, the women and I can see how those people have caused me to focus more intensely on my life than any other force could. However, it is the love in these movies - the cosmically complete love that seems to speak its own language that transcends any and all differences - that I still long for. Films like these give me hope for humanity, and moreover, my own happiness.
Happy loving.

1 comment:

Lilly said...

I too have just seen Paris Je t'aime. At first I wondered whether I was in only silly thing on this planet to experience such strong emotions during the viewving and afterwards. The film makes us realise the incredible importance of appreciating the love we are given at the moment it is given. I don't think I fully did but I definitely would if I were given another chance. If it is too late (but the film tells us it is never too late), I will have to live with the memories of it and try to give as much as I can. Paris Je t'aime, c'est la vie!