7.29.2007

Immaculate Concert and Album

I'm listening to my newly purchased Immaculate Machine album, Fables. I got the CD at the show I went to yesterday and it was amazing (hence the album purchase). First, the show:
It opened with local group Saidie Hell. I find the concept of this band very interesting as it is a duo with only one half having consistent membership. Ben Welland plays guitar and represents the consistency. His last member was Cindy Olberg of As The Poets Affirm. At this show he had a woman playing a compact xylophone.
Next, another local band played The Allrights. this band played some catchy rock that kept me intrigued and entertained. I still was really tired from the long week, so I listened to them from the bar as I drank my non-alcoholic drink. Actually, to wake myself up I decided to concoct a new energy based beverage. My friend, Stephan, the barkeep and I made the HypoGloboMegatron! This drink is 1 part Redbull 1 part bar lime. It was excellent and kept me up enough to go up front and enjoy Immaculate Machine.
This band was great. I was thoroughly entertained and impressed with their loud yet harmonious music. The band played very synchronously and I was blown away. However, the real treat came when I started listening to the aforementioned album. Fables features a litany of guests, including Final Fantasy's Owen Pallet, that creates a sound much more complex than the already excellent live show.

1 comment:

Ottawa Capital Complaints Choir said...

Hey!

Sorry I missed that show, sounded great.

I ran into Savannah and heard that
you're leaving soon.

I hope we cross paths before you head out of back and back east.

cheers

Glenn