6.28.2007

There's a lot in here

My head is filled with thoughts of Ottawa, my internship, concerts, relationships, family and occasionally food. As time flies by I am seriously beginning to realize what little time I have left in Ottawa before I leave. Right now I am at the end of a wicked festival which I will finish writing about tomorrow.
Today I have decided to isolate some of my feelings and write about them here. In going to all the concerts, movies, work, etc. I have met a tone of wonderful people and seen many wonderful things. I have come to love Ottawa and the people living in this city. I have lived here for just about a year now and I can honestly say that Ottawa has made a lasting impression on me.
Currently I am starting to face the inevitable goodbyes and heartache. I feel an emotional drain any time I leave someplace I have stayed for awhile. I think this is partly due to my innate drive to make profound connections with all those around me. And, while such connections do eventually cause temporary heart break, I welcome the risks. I want to emotionally extend myself so I can say I not only existed someplace, but I really lived someplace; I felt my surroundings and breathed its offerings.
I have learned that life is about the connections you make with those around you and what you do with those connections. In these last weeks in Ottawa I hope to solidify my connections and let so many of the beautiful people here know how important they are to me.

No comments: