6.07.2007

Thursday or Friday?

Work was hectic today for a variety of reasons. I had a deadline for multiple product substitutions to the government. I slept in and arrived late. People were all over the place and there was a general sense of disarray. The work setting wasn't one filled with stress more than it felt unconducive to getting work done.
Yesterday seemed like a prelude to what would happen today. I met in the morning with my colleague Ted. We went over the products I would be substituting and set some goals. That afternoon I would meet with him again and on of our technical aids, Barry. The first deadline of getting these updates ready for the technical review was fast approaching and I fervently worked to get them done. Our meeting went much longer than planned but once again I left with some goals and a sense of accomplishment.
Today was the day I was supposed to get the substitutions sent in. I spent all day working on them. In the middle of the day I had lunch with a few co-workers, one of whom was leaving for Montreal this evening. As they drank beer and me soda the feeling that comes with Friday's began to sit in - the relaxation, the anticipation of no work, the questions of "What will you do this weekend". Once returning to the office the same sentiment grew inside and I began to confuse myself.
After work I ended up going to a local pub for diner with a few guys and we all agreed that it did feel like Friday. I actually had to ask someone if it wasn't Friday. He said it was and I cursed him inside. I guess I answered my own question and now will have to suffer working through a Saturday.

No comments: