8.29.2007

Concussion and Beer Bottle

So things are going much better back at school. I'm in the middle of training week for Orientation and am working hard with the 14 other executive before the 164 members of Orientation Crew arrive. I am working directly with another executive, Scott, to run the largest committee (40 people!) called Hype! We are responsible for being loud, cheering, energy and keeping the spirit up the entire week. I've been going to the beach and hanging out with everyone quite a bit and it has caused a lot of happiness and chaos. It feels like old times.
Last night I was invited to a party for House Presidents and members of the Student Union council. The party was hosted by Dan Ross, the owner of Ross Screenprint, and maker of all the shirts StFX uses during Orientation Week. As a result he buys a lot of liquor and throws a party. Needless to say, the party was crazy. A bonfire, loud music, and dancing. I was the guest of VP Activities Cory and we had a blast. I saw a lot of people I haven't seen in awhile.
After the liquor was drank and people were getting anxious the party decided to move to the local Bar, Pat's. It was "Twisted Tuesdays" which means $2 drinks. I stuck around with Cory, Mike, and Dan Ross for a bit and then we walked to the bar as the last people to leave the party. Half way there calamity and near disaster struck as Dan went to toss his empty beer bottle but got his finger temporarily stuck in the neck of the bottle. This temporary friction caused a delay in the toss resulting in the beer bottle swinging up and hitting the person directly next to Dan square in the chin, me. I yelled out a profanity as Dan ran towards me and clutched me on the shoulders asking the standard question for such accidents "Are you okay?" I began to laugh a little and just ask, "Am I bleeding?" Worried about getting the second set of stitches in a month (see my foot) I asked, "am I bleeding?" Dan checked and told me I wasn't, but as I went in for my own test it came out positive with blood all over my hand. Mike took me into a nearby house and got me cleaned up. The cut was small and so I headed to the bar.
There I met up with members from the Executive of O-Crew and people from the party. They asked about my chin and I told them it was alright and just bleeding. My chin bled through my beard all night but I just danced and kept a cloth on it. Later that evening as the concussion set in from the ringing in my ears I decided I needed to stay up and not sleep for awhile. I met my roommate Wil outside the bar and he told me of a party. I decided we should go right after I shaved my beard and but a band-aid on the cut. So, I proceeded home to take care of my chin.
Today, I still felt a ringing in my ears and pressure in my head until about 2 hours ago when I got a nap. Things are better now and I just have a lot of people asking me about the band-aid on my chin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what's with that bandaid on your chin anyway?


...hehehehe, i'm glad you're ok brian. KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

-kate