8.12.2007

Trip to Ireland Part 6 - Rain and Golf

Yesterday was a long day. Very long. I woke up to rain in the cottage. My dad, grandfather, uncle John and I were all to go play golf at 2pm as part of a tournament fun by my uncle Joe’s choir from boys school. Despite the rain we headed out for the course 1 hour away on the other side of the peninsula. On the way to the course we stopped at one of the piers and I got to see the same ship that was used in “Mutiny on the Bounty” and “Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3”!


It was still raining badly when we got to the course but decided to play anyways. The greens were flooded and the wind was bad. I played 4 holes with my grandfather and then we headed into the bar. We sat around talking for a bit until my dad and John joined us about 1 hour later. Dinner wouldn’t be ‘till 7:30 so we had about 4 hours to kill. We sat around, talked, watched the soccer match ate some food. I started going stir crazy so I talked to some of the staff and just waited around ‘til everyone arrived.
Dinner was great and then it was time for the choir to sing. My uncle Joe did the MC stuff and the former members of the boys choir sang. The highlight of the evening was when I got to meet John Hume, Nobel Peace Prize winner. John has 42 honorary degrees for brining peace to Ireland. He was my dad’s former French teacher so I spoke to him in French for awhile. The I drove home and got a much needed sleep.

The Choir


John Hume and my Dad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.