8.23.2007

Party time in Whitby

So this is last week. This week there are other stories to tell soon. However, I meant to write about this one before.
Last week my friends from Antigonish came down for a visit. My friend Mark was flying out to film school in Vancouver and decided to stop by and visit some friends in Montreal, Ottawa, and Toronto. So, on Saturday morning Mark plus Wil (my future roommate at school) and Aaron left from Ottawa (having already visited Montreal) for my home in Whitby. When they arrived my sister prepared an amazing meal for all of us complete with chilled split-pea soup and bruscetta. Then the four of us jammed in the kitchen. Wil played my dad's acoustic guitar, Mark played my sister's fretless bass, Aaron played his trumpet and I played the drums. It was wicked to play and sing with the guys. I felt like I was back at university.
This got everyone pumped for the party we were going to that evening. Everyone but me was drinking and we were just making music on keyboards and with our voices - singing silly songs. We left for the party at midnight and started driving on the 401. I think Wil and Aarond were scarred at the speed and all the cars. Mark was used to the busy stretch of highway. We balared dance music and beats the whole way.
When we got to the party the house looked abandoned and delapated. The whole place was in the middle of renovations and we had to cut through a bush to the back entrance. However, once inside the house we realized this was a beautiful and expensive home. The ceiling were high, the rooms spacious, everything immaculately clean. Mark's friend Ali was leaving for Denmark so this was a going away party for her. The house belonged to her friend. Ali gave us a tour of the basement and we were all impressed with the cooled and sealed wine cellar, the laundry room with the iPod dock and built in speakers, and the movie room with flat screen, huge DVD collection, and enough room for Wil and I to toss around a football!
The night lasted long into the evening. People were hanging out in all the different rooms. There as liquor everywhere. Wil, Mark, and Aaron all had some Greygoose vodka. I wandered around. At 4am we left the party and headed back to Whitby. The next day I started to pack my thing to head back to Ottawa where I would be picked up by Wil and Aaron in 3 days. I said goodbye to Mark and wished him well. I can't wait 'till we are all together again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can not wait till we are all together again too! Good luck this year Brian